A statement from the Medical Field
“Puro is the ultimate in hygiene. The ingredients are generally recognized as safe and effective which ensures comfort and cleanliness for anyone with any type of bowel habits. We’ve used Puro on hospital patients and nursing home patients in order to ensure perianal health. We’ve also used it to restore skin to its optimum when bowel regularity is affected by various medical conditions. When using Puro I found that I didn’t want to settle for less comfort when maintaining a busy work schedule. It’s simpler and more economical than wipes. I recommend it for anyone!”
Thad Giblette FNP, MSN
Family Practice, Montana
Deionized Water, Safflower Oil,Isopropyl Myristate, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Shea Butter, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A Palmitate), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C Palmitate), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Symphytum Officinale Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Ethylhexyglycerin
Explanation of Ingredients
Used as a Skin Protectant and Ph Balancer:
- Triethanolamine: is used to restore the skin to the proper pH balance
- Glyceryl Stearate SE is a skin conditioning agent. It forms a protective barrier on the skin’s surface, thus reducing water loss.
- Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract: Benefits include cleansing of the skin, improving skin tone, and improving circulation.
- Caprylyl Glycol: is a chemical compound which is used as a skin conditioning agent in skin care products. It acts as a lubricant on the skin surface, which gives the skin a soft and smooth appearance
Used to Aid in the Soothing and Healing Process associated with irritation and anal itching:
- Shea Butter: high quality natural ingredient used in products that provide a healing and soothing effect
- Dimethicone: is a common Anti-Itch ingredient used in Puro to help prevent the irritation and discomfort associated with excess wiping-
- Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate): alleviates anal irritation and discomfort associated with excess wiping.
- Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A Palmitate):acting as an Anti-itching and soothing ingredient, Vitamine A is commonly found in high end skin conditioning products –
- Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C Palmitate): used as an anti-inflammatory agent which helps reduct the swelling associated with hemorrhoids.
- Aloe vera: Aloe Vera, the common houseplant whose sap is used to counteract burns in the kitchen, is another soothing natural ingredient. A Swedish study found aloe- Calendula officinalis:: The Calendula infused oil is an emollient to have wound healing, soothing, antiseptic, anti-itching and anti-inflammatory properties. Commonly found in products for dry skin containing creams to help relieve skin irritation in 83% of the patience tested.
- Chamomilla Recutita (Chamomile) Flower Extract: is an anti-inflammatory agent that calms and softens skin. Perfect for inflammation caused by several medical conditions
- Symphytum Officinale Extract: The healing effects of comfrey herb are produced by the compounds present in comfrey roots and leaves.
Used to provide the appropriate level of Moisturizing:
- Safflower Oil: Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil is an edible vegetable oil that is used in natural cosmetics and personal care products as a moisturizer
- Isopropyl Myristate: is an oil used as a thickening agent or as a moisturizer in common beauty productsl that actually lessens the “greasy” or oily feeling while aiding in absorption
- Glycerin: Excellent for creating a soft and smooth skin texture while maintaining a balanced moisturizing effect for the skin
Used to create texture which grabs stubborn excess remnants
- Cetyl Alcohol: cetyl alcohol is used as an emulsifying agent; increasing viscosity and stabilizing emulsion in cosmetics. This allows for a grabbing effect to occur which again Carbomer: viscosity and textural benefits which help remove the stubborn fecal matter remnants.
- Xanthan Gum:, increases shelf life and helps with the stabilization of our product by acting as a thickening agent
- Stearic Acid: acts as a thickening agent which provides the texture needed to effectively grab excess fecal matter remnants
Used to stabilize the product and increase shelf life
- Phenoxyethanol: used as a preservative instead of using parabens which research has shown to produced negative side effects.
- Hexylene Glycol: is an organic compound used to aid in the dissolving of ingredients and to decrease the thickness of skin care products.
- Ethylhexyglycerin: Ethylhexylglycerin servces as a surfactant and preservant enhancer and acts as a safe preservative in minute amounts. It’s a proven preservative-enhancer and is often used instead of controversial parabens